East Dean and Friston
East Dean and Friston Cricket Club
Welcome to the first newsletter of 2018.
Contents of this newsletter:
Club website, improvements for 2018, AGM updates, Membership, Groundsman, Membership form, Indoor nets, Fixtures, Pre-season friendlies, welcoming new members.
1) Club website – Club website has been updated. Website is:
2) Improvements for 2018
We have invested £1700 in machines to make our Square a better surface by buying the following:
1) Allett Kensington 20K Lawn mower with interchangeable lawn.
2) New Engine for the existing roller
3) Petrol blower
4) Servicing of all existing machinery
3) AGM updates
Committee members :
President - Graham Primett
Chairman - Gaurav Bijlani Vice-Chairman - Mark Francis
Hon. Secretary - Chris Dunn-Butler Hon Fixtures Secretary - Mark Pankhurst
Hon. Treasurer - Paul Feist
Saturday First XI Captain - Neil Gamble Saturday First XI Vice Captain - Terry Preston
Saturday Second XI Captain - Gaurav Bijlani Saturday Second XI Vice Captain - Robin Sewell
Sunday Captain - Ashley Deller-Merricks
Child Welfare Officers - Michelle Parfitt
Social Secretary – Sue Francis
Committee members - Jane Purkiss, Jason Woodford, Shelagh Gray
First aider – To be confirmed
Annual Membership - £60 (Adults)
Annual Membership - £30 (Juniors / Students)
Match fees - £10 (For Sat and Sun)
Juniors/Concessions - £8
5) Groundsman – We have an agreement in place for Steve Feazey to provide us Groundsman’s services. He will be reporting to the “Grounds sub-committee”.
6) Subcommittees - We are urging people to come forward for the following sub-committees:
As you can see, we have committed to the longevity, accessibility of the Cricket club.
I am urging you to come forward and help with Social/fundraising events. We would like to buy a better roller for the Square next year.
I request you to pay your “Annual membership” before the season starts.
Bank transfer details – Sort code: 52-41-00 and Account number – 86852396
7) Membership form – Please complete the membership form before the first game of the season. Membership form can be found here: http://edandf.play-cricket.com/website/web_pages/229964
8) Indoor nets – Indoor nets, to be confirmed yet but should between Friday, 26 Feb – 13 April between 19:30-20:30 (6 nets session excluding Easter holidays) at Gildredge House.
9) Fixtures – All the fixtures for 2018 are on Cricket Fixtures 2018 Just click on the filter and on the dropdown menu, select 2018 fixtures. If you just want to see a particular team’s fixtures, click on Fixtures and you should be able to select a team and look at the fixtures.
10) Pre-season friendlies – Pre-season friendlies start on the 7th April. There are 4 pre-season friendlies so we should all get a game before the first league game of the season.
Please keep in touch and check the newsletter for further details.
11) Fund-raising events –
Club fund raising events include Poker nights, first of many is on the 2nd March at Aqua Bar in Pevensey at 19:30.
27th May, Sunday is a club “Funday”, aimed at a Cricket day. East Dean village and Mr Davies-Gilbert have been requested to field a team each for the funday event.
12) New club members welcome – I welcome all the new club members who have joined
since September 2017.
I would like to welcome new Cricketers of all ages and abilities as this club is a progressive and an all inclusive club.
I would like the club to be accessible and all-inclusive to people of the community
and the village.
Follow us on Facebook East Dean and Friston Cricket Club