East Dean and Friston
The Conservative Association
East Dean, Friston and West Dean
(Part of Lewes Constituency)
Update on Vaccine Roll Out In East Sussex
I met with the local NHS vaccine team yesterday and the latest information is;
In East Sussex
* nationally close to 60% of those over 80 have now been vaccinated.
* locally those over 80 are being called forward for vaccination in every town and village in the constituency . Please do not worry if you have not been called yet, you will be contacted shortly.
* all vulnerable residents with health conditions and those over 80 and 70 will be vaccinated by 15th Feb
* Front line NHS and care staff are being vaccinated now and details can be found here
* mobile vaccination teams are visiting all care homes and housebound patients
* GPs are not organising the appointments so please don’t contact them even if they have a vaccination centre on site. When it comes to your turn you will be called by the vaccination hub and asked to come for your appointment.
* You are usually called one to two days before your appointment
* There are a number of ways in which the vaccination is being rolled out to our communities:
A GP-led vaccination service is where those who are in the first priority groups living in our local community will initially receive their vaccination. This involves groups of local GP practices working together to provide the vaccination to their collective patients at one location. This means that you may not receive the vaccination at your local GP; you may be required to travel to a different location nearby.
Hospital hubs – local hospitals across the country have begun giving the vaccine to people over 80 who are attending for a planned appointment and frontline health and care staff. You will only receive your vaccination in this way if you have an appointment at your hospital.
Roving service – the vaccine will be taken into care homes and into people’s own homes if they cannot attend a vaccination site. This is being stepped up over the coming weeks as more supplies of the vaccines become available.
Large vaccination centres – each county will have one large vaccination centre which will be able to give the vaccine to large numbers of people.
* In Newhaven GP’s have set up vaccinations in a number of sites in Brighton and we expect local Pharmacies in the town to offer a service soon
* In Lewes the vaccination centre is River Lodge Surgery
* For Seaford: Hampden Park Health Centre in Eastbourne, but also the Old School Surgery and Seaford Medical Practice will be open shortly .
* In Polegate: Centres in Easbourne but will also expect the Hailsham site to go live in the next few days.
with all good wishes
Maria Caulfield MP
Member of Parliament for Lewes