East Dean and Friston
A more Climate-Friendly Parish
A more Climate-Friendly Parish: Let’s get our voices heard before it’s too late !
Let’s get our voices heard before it’s too late for the sake of our children/grandchildren ! Climate change is already here with some of the changes now inevitable and “irreversible”.
Join the network of Residents (of Birling Gap, Crowlink, East Dean, Friston & Gayles) for a Climate-Friendly Parish (RCFP). Being informal, it allows people to commit to it in whichever way, to whatever level they choose, rather than feel obligated to do something.
Many are convinced more could be done across our parish to contribute to reducing global warming, mitigating and adapting to climate change. It’s in the news a lot now and will continue to do so following the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s 9 August publication of its latest global report up to the United Nations Climate Conference (COP26) in Glasgow in November. This, the IPCC’s first global assessment on the science of global heating since 2013, is aimed at policymakers and summarises the physical science behind climate change.
With yet more factual information such as this, the RCFP can write with calls to action to key organisations/people with responsibilities for East Dean & Friston:
• the South Downs National Park
• land managers, the National Trust, Forestry England, tenant farmers
• East Dean & Friston Parish Council
• other parish landowners, the Davies Gilbert Estate, Wealden District Council, East Sussex County Council
• bodies with wider geographical responsibilities, Sussex Wildlife Trust, Friends of the South Downs, the Council for the Protection of Rural England, the South Downs Network (‘critical friend’ of the SDNPA)
• East Dean & Friston Residents’ Association
• the local MP.
No time-consuming meetings, membership fees or official roles required ! A letter can simply be drafted by a network member for countersigning by others, if they wish to do so, and sent by email to the intended recipient. Contact email@example.com.