East Dean and Friston Residents Association Drone and Model Aircraft Statement.
The statement below is in line with guidance from the UK Civil Aviation Authority. Please refer to CAA website for further details https://www.caa.co.uk/
In line with recent legislation and Government policy on drones, the following requirements apply to anyone wishing to fly a drone over or near the village of East Dean and Friston:-
1. All operators of drones and model aircraft between 250gan d20kg must carry a valid operator ID.
2. Drones and model aircraft must be kept in the operator’s direct line of sight.
3. Drones and model air craft must not be flown closer than 150mt of built-up areas.
4. Drones and model aircraft must not be flown closer than 50mt of buildings,cars, trains, or boats.
5. Drones and model aircraft must not be flown closer than 50mt of people and never overfly people at any height.
6. Drones and model aircraft must not bef flown more than 50m above the ground and must be kept away from aircraft, airports and airfields.